Do you want to be part of a dynamic team and add value to an amazing organization?
The Bradford Exchange is global direct to consumer product marketing organization.
We are hiring a Seasonal Supervisor for our Distribution Center.
The Bradford Exchange is looking for a highly motivated, Seasonal Supervisor to join our organization! This position supervises the activities and work performance of the Distribution Center staff, which may include other supervisory personnel, ensuring all resources assigned to them, are being utilized efficiently and effectively to meet the company, department, and functional area goals, objectives, and priorities. Individuals in this position may oversee the functions of receiving and warehousing, shipment processing, customer return processing, inventory control and transportation. This position will be responsible to oversee all resources required to accomplish the goals established for their respective functional area.
What you get to do each day includes:
- Training, directing, monitoring and evaluating hourly and temporary employees. Ensuring that departmental practices and company policies are being followed. Administering progressive disciplinary action when needed and providing annual performance reviews for their staff.
- Making sure that all capital equipment and machines are properly operated and maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring proper maintenance is provided for all equipment and company property.
- Establishing goals for their assigned functional area and ensure that these goals are met.
- Establish daily and weekly objectives and ensure those objectives are met.
- Ensure their functional area operates within established budgeted guidelines.
- Prepare weekly / monthly/annual reports for management on operating performance, resource utilization and accomplishments against goals.
- Ensure projects assigned to their area of responsibility are accomplished in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- High School diploma or equivalency is required, Associates degree or some college with a focus in business, logistics, or distribution management strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years of progressive experience to include/management experience in a high-volume automated distribution center or fast-paced automated operations orientated environment.
- Proven management/supervisory experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and mainframe systems.
- Knowledge of distributed computing platforms as used in operations orientated environments.
- Knowledge of high-speed sorting equipment, powered material handling equipment, storage systems.
- Understanding of labor and resource scheduling and line operations.
- Working knowledge of transportation, logistics, finance, marketing, customer service, and electronic manifesting and control systems.
- Knowledge of budgeting practices as related to operational organizations.
- Bi-lingual - English/Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
All is required to wear facemask and practice social distancing